Friday, March 18, 2011

Sweet Clovers & Miss Daisy's


After ten exciting days of exploring foreign lands, I'd say Justin and I were nice & ready to come home!  Ready...all except for the part where- it took 24 hours with a tummy-ache, we had 10 days worth of LAUNDRY to do, and we realized how much money we spent :-O *sucker punch*  
THE JOYS OF RETURNING TO MISSOURI.
  • Being able to spend time with family and friends again!
  • Creamy Enchiladas. (tres muchachos son muy feliz) 
  • My kindly birthday presents!!
  • One Fish, Two Fish, Sucker Fish, Blue Fish! 
  • Finally plucking my massive eyebrows.  They wuz bad.
  • The ability to guzzle soda like 5,001 guppies.
  • HEY guess what... McDonald's is half-price :)
<3
:-D
Paul
pretty APRON!

Big Kahuna
Pinky and the Brain


 Taking pictures of fish is a challenge.

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN SO HAPPY, that you could just run for miles?
Teehee.  That is how I felt the day before St. Paddy's Day when my friend surprised me with some sweeeeet clovers.  I can't thank him for them because of some cruel old wives' tale that says they will die... but I think it is legal to keep mentioning how they made my day.  And how they make me smile every time I see them. :0)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
And I did run four miles.  Like a CRAZY face. I regret it now.  2 days later...and my legs hurt so bad.  I have to hobble.  HOBBLE!  lol  
Lá Fhéile Pádraig
Artist: Brandon Bond

Artist: Brandon Bond

---------------------------------------------

Now for my Peanut.

Dearest Miss Daisy's Peanut,

Hey little girl.  Remember the first time we met?  :)  I was pretty young when Mom & Dad finally caved and said I could have a puppy (YES!), but I have a faint memory of visiting a giant yard full of dog cages.  My parent's brought me over to the Shih'tzus and once I picked you up there was no putting you down.  I knew you were mine right away.
And then I called you Peanut.  Why, I can't remember exactly.  I think it was that the spot on your back looks like a peanut.  hehe.  And my daddy added your mom's name, making you Miss Daisy's Peanut.      


Fetch and "hand the toy over so I can throw it again" isn't really your style.  You have always been more of a tug-of-war enthusiast.  That is probably your favorite game. 

Then there's: "Sit."  "Stand."  "Roll-over."  Which you sorta caught on... but we tried to teach you too late.  




"Steak" on the other hand... now that is a word you recognize every time.

Did someone say STEAK!?

'Member when I would pat my knees and you would always hop up and give me a hug? :)  I like our hugs!
YOU SCARED US SO BAD when you and Fletcher decided to run away!  You guys must've watched too much Homeward Bound.  But then we found you!!!  Thank goodness.  That was the biggest relief!  You two were soooo dirty.  And I think one of you peed in the car on the way home.  I can't remember fer sure tho.
I'm glad you have had Fletcher.  He takes care of you. 

Oh!  And thanks for being a sport and letting us dress you in all those silly clothes!  You always look adorable.


I know you can't understand what is happening, but this is a difficult decision for me and an even harder one for my dad.  He's been taking care of you since you became diabetic and lost your eye-sight and your hearing.  And I know he has your best interest in mind when he says that your time is coming fast.
Now we both have to be strong, okay?  And brave.  Strong because I will never be ready to say goodbye... and brave because of the journey that you must make all by yourself.




  
It has been a wonderful 13 years, little lady.  I will cherish our last days together... and when the time comes that we have to say goodbye, know that you have been a special friend to me and that I love you so very much.

Love always,
Your Stephy

2 comments: