Sunday, March 27, 2011

Chenoweth's Wicked Voice... and Spock the Ice-Cruncher

Kristin Chenoweth is a very unique actress.  When I saw Wicked for the first time-- waaay back in high school with maw pal, Shantia Bowers-- I bought the soundtrack and she has been singing to me as the voice of Glinda ever since.  We obviously didn't see the original cast with Kristin Chenoweth and Idina Menzel...


THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN AMAZING!

...but I did get autographs from Victoria Matlock and Christina DeCicco after the show!!



Christina DeCicco wasn't actually blond! I was very surprised!

In London, I think Justin and I saw Rachel Tucker and Louise Dearman, but I'm not exactly sure.  If so, I thought Rachel was pretty darn good, and Louise made me laugh histarically.  (I mouthed the words to the songs the whole time... yeah, don't bring me to a musical I know if that annoys you).

Anyway, I recognized Chenoweth's voice when I saw her in Bewitched (the movie starring Nicole Kidman based on my absolute favorite childhood TV show).  That's when I first made the connection.. voice to actress.


She has a very memorable, bubbly voice.

Then she made a few appearances on Glee and I excitedly told JJ.. THAT'S GLINDA!  THAT'S GLINDA!!

Of course, I meant GA-linda... with a GUH!




DANG.. that link stopped working I think.  You'll have to settle for no video.  I wish you coulse see how powerful she looks when she sings this!!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKL3p8UtSD8
 
Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

A few days ago, I checked out her album Let Yourself Go from the library.  So far, track 2 is my fav- If You Hadn't But You Did  from the musical Two On the Aisle:




Kristin Chenoweth is sooo incredibly talented, as a singer and an actress.  She is hilarious.

And if you haven't seen Wicked, I DEFINITELY recommend it!!  Here is one of the scenes that cracks me up the most, in which Galinda decides to "make Elephaba her new project," http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNIwSYp4N-Y&feature=related.

My favorite song is For Good!
--------------------

My dad and JJ were watching Star Trek: Undiscovered County earlier today.  I happened to look up as the crew was sitting around a table enjoying Romulan Ale:

Spock, will you PLEASE stop crunching your ice?

...which looks a lot like the Pi-tini recipe Jay gave me once.  I looked closely in Spock's glass for Pi-shaped ice, but I think it already melted... or maybe he crunched it.


.
.
.
.
.
Welllll, I've been waiting to post this until AFTER I upload our trip video, that way I could share it... but I had to split the video up into 5 parts and now uploading each one is gonna take a while... SO I will make a separate blog for that darn video when it is up!

Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment