Tuesday, March 1, 2011

DBZ

With only two discs left in THE ENTIRE series, Justin and I are nearing the end of our first ever TV series together: DRAGONBALL Z.

It has been 2 years(ish) and two-hundred and eighty some-odd episodes!!!    

In light of the fast approaching LAST EPISODE, I feel inclined to blog a few of my fondest memories.  Awwwwwwww.

First of all, my absolute favorite character (even though his powers are uber lame near the end) is Piccolo.  Not only is he a lean, green fighting machine, but he is THE smartest character on the show.  He is a stubborn Namek and a bit harsh at times, but he has a HUGE heart under that tough skin.

Piccolo starts out kinda mean, especially to Goku, but he warms up to everyone when there are bigger things to worry about... like the destruction of the Earth and what-not.  He has a soft spot for Gohan (Goku's first son) who he ends up training.  And he gives very good advice to everyone... not that anyone listens.





Piccolo's attack, however, is embarrassing...

SPECIAL.. BEAM.. CANNON!!!!
Best Piccolo moment was when Gohan returns from having his sleeping inner powers released by the supreme Kai... Piccolo and Gohan are standing on a cliff.  Piccolo turns to Gohan and asks "How did you become so strong?"  
Instead of answering, Gohan turns his head and smiles awkwardly... Piccolo smiles back and they both make a happy "mmmm," noise together.  Sometimes Justin and I reenact this moment. 
Mmmmm
I also enjoyed the filler episodes when Piccolo and Goku learned to drive because Chi Chi doesn't want to have to walk to the store anymore.  It is funny to watch two of the strongest men on the planet struggle with driving lessons.  Plus, Piccolo looks awesome in street clothes.




So... the basics.

This is Goku.

Goku is married to Chi Chi... who is a super control freak.



Then there's...

Krillin, Bulma, and the pervert, Master Roshi
and


The protectors of the Earth: Kami & Dende.
and


King Kai, Supreme Kai, Elder Kai, and Grand Kai
Also...
If you find all the dragon balls...

You get 1 wish, granted by the irritable dragon that you have awaken.
On Namek, you get 3 wishes.
And you can only wake Shenron up once a year.


and
If you die once you can still be wished back to life.

In the meantime, King Yemma decides whether you go to:
HEAVEN
or HELL













Now meet Vegeta.
In the first season, we are introduced to Vegeta- the most arrogant big-shot on the show.  You'll learn to like him though.  At least... I did.  He is the first merciless villain and is always a bit selfish and prideful, but near the end he changes for the better.  

He even admits Goku is the best.  WHAT?!

That doesn't mean he likes wearing pink.
These garments... are they for a man or a woman?!?



Frieza and his ballerinas. 

Frieza is the next big boss in the series.  He sounds like a woman.  Really, he does.  And his Ginyu Force has some very elaborate entrances that I can only imagine them practicing together...
Captain Ginyu: Okay, okay!  Listen up guys.  For our next intimidating introduction dance thing, I will stand in the middle with my back turned, like this.
Then.. Recoome will be on my right.  You'll start us off with a screech, a partial warrior one pose, and your name.  Burter, you'll be next.  Mirror exactly what Recoome does but make it look more falcon-y.  Jeice, you will go third.. start it off with a rock-star head bang and bring that into a pterodactyl pose.
Guldo: What about me, sir?  I could do a flip?!  I've been practicing on my trampoline.

Captain Ginyu:  No.. you are the least powerful of us all... you need something less cool.  Just... scratch at the air like a kitty cat.  And finish like Jeice does.  I will bend over to draw attention to my tight gluteus maximus... and then I will make a funny face through my legs like this:


BLaaah-di-blaah

And at the end we should have pretty flowers burst from the air!








SHING

Captain Ginyu: Brilliant!  I love it.













Garlic Junior.

I would tell you about Garlic Junior, but that 
Saga was my least favorite... and I really 
don't remember much.

I think there was some evil mist involved?




NEXT, 
This mystery man












comes to the future to warn Goku and the others about Dr. Gero's deadly creations...
The Androids.
There are more than 3 androids... but Androids 16, 17, and 18 are superior.  

The worst android of them all is our next boss,
Android CELL.
oops... wrong android cell.....
ahem...Android CELL!

Muah-hahaa

Cell was probably my favorite boss.  I even named my fish after him.
Cell the plecostomus.
THE MARTIAL ARTS TOURNAMENT,
follows the Cell Games and is some serious entertainment. 


 During this time...
Gohan pretends to be a superhero (SAIYAMAN)...



Gohan meets Videl....




Krillin grows some hair (on his HEAD) and falls in love.  CUTEST COUPLE... 

AND, the irritating Mr. Satan continues to be a nuisance to the REAL heroes:
Yeah!  I'm packin' some serious heat!  YEAH!
After the Martial Arts Tournament (sort of) ends, the world is once again in danger.  This time the Z Fighters are up against...
Bibidi.
Babidi.
And Buu.  The final threat.


    And that is where we are... Majin Buu.  Will Goku and Vegeta find a way to defeat the seemingly unstoppable Buu?  Or is the entire universe DOOMED???  Find out on the next few episodes of...
DRAGON.  BALL. Z!!!!!!!!

Oh, I hope Bulma & Chi Chi will not be harmed in this dreadful fight.
SOTD
Dragon Ball Z Theme
Click here for song!
NOT-SO-SERIOUS CONFESSIONS:
This post took me two days to write and I'm still leaving out A LOT!

SOME SHOES THAT I REALLY MUST HAVE


No comments:

Post a Comment