Friday, February 18, 2011

Where's The Darn Airport?

I'm in a bad mood today.  SO, in order to get out of my bad mood I'm going to think about mine & JJ's trip.  More specifically I am going to walk around London, Rome, and Venice using Google maps.  (Actually I'll just start with London).  This way 1) I'll look like a freakin' genius when we get there and 2) we won't get lost and frustrated.

First of all, we arrive in London at 7:40am on March 5th!  YAWN.  Of course that is 05/03/2011... not 03/05/2011... CONFUSING. I know.  Everything is backwards overseas!  Even toilets flush the wrong way.  And what do Europeans have against ice cubes?  I wish ice cubes were more portable so that I could carry a sack of them around to put in my drinks.

LOOKING FOR THE AIRPORT
So right now in my Google map journey, I am lost on Emperor's Gate Rd in front of someone's very lovely house that Google is calling the Heathrow airport...  Does this look like an airport to you?

Nice scooter.
Yeah, me neither.  Hmmm.  I'm going to keep searching.

HAHA!  Nice plates, Mr. Plumber Dude.
FLUSSH
Where does a girl have to go to get an airport around here??  Let's go ask those guys!

HEY, Blueman group!  Can you help me find the airport?  I'm going to be landing there in two weeks and I just wanted to get a feel for where it is...

Eh up?  Where's it to, guv'nuh?  Gann'n doon toon, yow?  
Right... well, it was nice chatting with you.  Cheerios.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
They were no help.  I give up.  We'll just assume the airport is there... somewhere... and that you can take the Piccadilly Line to Hammersmith.  *fingers crossed*  If you type Hammersmith into your phone, it auto-corrects it to say "handkerchief" instead.  Because that's what you meant to say.   

So far, I am NOT feeling like a genius.  That being said, I think I am done with my my virtual walking for the night... it is wearing me out!  I probably burned 1,376 virtual calories with that work-out.  Average pace?  5 miles per SECOND. 

DAY 1
Justin and I aren't sure if we still want to see Phantom of the Opera.  We LOVE it... but it might be too expensive to see two musicals.  We'll see.

The first day is plan-free now that we are reconsidering PTO.  This means aimless London adventures that cannot be predicted by my blog.  One thing is certain: Fish & Chips will be involved in the evening.    

DAY 2
Justin wants to see the Science Museum (me too!  me too!), so we will spend most of the day there.  And then we will visit Westminster Abbey, that fancy clock, Parliament, and such things.  And for dinner?  Hard Rock Cafe!

DAY 3  
Final day in London consists of the National Gallery on Trafalgar Square, British Museum, DO YOU KNOW THE MUFFIN MAN? who lives on Drury Lane, McDonald's, and WICKED the musical!  No one mourns... the WICKED.. duh duh.. WICKED.. duh duh.. WICK-ED!!!

And that is all you get tonight :-D  Coming up next... DAY 4: The Journey to Rome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment