Sunday, February 13, 2011

We Are Far Too Young & Clever

My grandma recommended this book to me!  She also lent me her copy, and  I'm glad she doesn't charge a late fee for borrowed books, because I have kept this one way past its due date.  It sat on my nightstand for a while, then migrated to the living room table, then traveled around in my bag with me where I nearly forgot about it, until one night while I was babysitting.  I pulled it out when the boys went to bed and proceeded to plow through it like a starved reader.

'The Walk' was a captivating book about a man, Alan Christoffersen (Riley's favorite name EVER haha... 10 bucks says he names one of his children that... only with a "K"), who loses everything and decides to take a walk across the country.  He doesn't make it very far before the book ends, but the journey he does make is full of interesting people. The beginning of the book made me cry like a girl!  Embarrassing, I know :)  The thing I liked most was the main character and his attitude towards women.         

I enjoy being outside!  It is so refreshing to run... or to walk aimlessly down the road with a camera & some tunes... or a guitar!  and... after watching a commercial for Pepcid AC I have a strong desire to play Frisbee outside using a pizza, pour me a cup of rainbow, and take a nap on the moon.  Zzzzzz....


Does anyone remember colorful ketchup???  I wish I didn't.   It was capital DEEEE-sgusting!  Seriously tasted like death.  Probably why it was discontinued in 2006.  I'm debating giving Heinz a call to ask "How'd that work out for ya?"  BLUCK! ewwwwz.  grrross.  But.  They probably don't remember it either.


Hey everybody... 
IT'S BATMAN....'s shadow.
"I'm Batman!"
Wanna know a secret?  Every time the text ^^^^^ is greeeen... there is some serious top secret linkage going on.

A girl in mine and Justin's Sunday school class (age 8) raised her hand to tell me this crucial bit of information today: "I have been releasing gas in various combinations today."  Thank-you for your participation.  Now please stop farting.

All of my technology decided to team-up in an attempt to make my head explode this weekend.  The batteries for one of my cameras won't charge (not conducive to the insane amount of picture taking I plan to do in less than a month), my other camera won't focus on anything up-close (he's farsighted), the USB ports on my computer aren't responding, and...my phone battery died yesterday.  Bad, iPhone... bad, bad!!  Don't you know I have word games to play?  Messages to receive?  Phone calls to take.  (Ok, I actually didn't miss much... but it is fun to pretend).

HexaLex and Words With Friends = my favorite apps!!  

I am a bit frightened of playing people I don't know... who ask me to play because they saw my pic on facebook or something.  I never know what to say to them.  Justin told me I should just type "ASL" but I figure that I am probably not the only one who never learned THIS (the helpful initial small-talk) acronym.  If you are as uninformed as me... I like urban dictionary's definition.

Maybe strangers scare me because I am deeply disturbed after this conversation I had when I first started playing...


Ummmmmmmm.  AWKWARD.

Speaking of name calling.  Turns out Lady Gaga sometimes goes by her birth name:


So there ya go... don't call her Lady Gaga in bed!

Sooooo, uh, how ya feelin', Spock?  
"I do not understand the question."

Happy Hour.  Two very important hours of the day.  Indeed, a time of happiness and quenched thirst around which my family and I arrange our schedules.  But there are some flaws and inconsistencies between Sonics.  I have visited nearly every Sonic in Springfield and discovered that some of them use actual fruit while others merely use cheap fruit juices.  This can definitely make or break a drink.  Chunks of strawberries are worth the added effort of occasionally dislodging them from the straw.  And freshly squeezed limes are so much better than that other crap they try to fool me into thinking are limes.





Also, their drink carriers are not built to hold 176 oz of beverage.  Just saying.  




NOT-SO-SERIOUS CONFESSIONS

We buy sonic drinks on Sunday... gasp!

TRIP UPDATE  
While in London, Justin and I are going to see two of our favorite musicals!!!
Wicked

Phantom of The Opera
YES!

And finally....
SOTD
Come on Eileen- Dexys Midnight Runners 

I'll hum this tune forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment