Monday, February 14, 2011

The Parliament of Fowles

Under a tree, besyde a welle, I say Cupyde our lord his arwes forge and fyle
And at his fete his bowe al redy lay,
And wel his doghter tempred al this whyle
The hedes in the welle, and with hir wyle
She couched hem after as they shulde serve,
Some for to slee, and some to wounde and kerve.

For this was on seynt Valentynes day, 
Whan every foul cometh ther to chese his make.


I brought my grandma her book back today!  She didn't even charge me!  hehe  Prolly cuz I handed it to her with a weettle valentine gift :-D  I love my grandma so much.  She is one of the funniest people I know.  


Hip-hip HURRAY FOR VALENTINE'S DAY!  I especially liked it in elementary school... when you got to make uber cool Valentine boxes.  I remember one that I made... it was an alligator and I rigged it to where you could make the tongue stick out to collect the Valentine cards.  YES!

Today mine and Justin's mailbox pretended to be a Valentine box...  We found a secret valentine inside!!!  It is a (CUTE!)pink box with four hugs & kisses inside!  It is so precious!  Secret gifts make me so HAPPEEEE.  We are pretty sure we know who the sneaky person(s) was/were, but just in case....THANK YOU, secret Valentine(s)!  <3

AND MY MOMMY!  She makes me smile!!!!!  Sassy hearts and a sock-monkey.
YAY!!!!  HIPPOS!
Thanks, Mumsy!  I love you, too!

Now... get ready for some CHEESE :)  Can't blog on Valentine's Day without it!


I warned you.  hehe  CHEESE.  Multiple types of cheese... fused together...

FUSION CHEEEEEESE!

My Valentine spread his gifts for me over several days.  TRUE LOVE. :-D

First he bought me yummy valentine candy corns!!! ... and some funky wanna-be cheesecake squares that LOOKED delish, but we both agreed were.... definitely interesting... but 'delish' is not a word you would use to describe them.  Even though, I don't think 'delish' is an actual word, and neither does spell-check.   STILL, THE CANDY CORN ROX.  I want a garden.  In it I will plant Candy Corn and there will be much rejoicing in my belly.  "yay."

JJ then surprised me with trip to the Candy House... WHERE WE SAW THIS CLASSY VANDALISM:
 Clearly done by some intelligent bridge-crossers.  I swear it wasn't me.

ANYWAY, back to the Candy House!!  Talk about some expensive cho-co-lat!  I picked chocolate covered raisins and dr. pepper jelly beans!!!  So much better than an assorted box of Russian roulette truffles.


THEN THEN THEN my Sweeeet Val-en-tine (bum bum bum good times never seem so good) gave me an Irish friendship ring!  EEEEEEEEE.  Love, loyalty, and friendship ring.. that is.  I showed it to my mom yesterday and she told me to turn it around, because it is "upside-down."  PSH!   It isn't upside-down to ME... and this way it signifies that I am romantically involved ;)  Both very important.

And finally, TODAY... heehee... while I was at work JJ brought me a soda and little purple box.  Inside the purple box................. was an adorable owl necklace.  The moment was so marvelous that I blushed.

Right as the fresshe, rede rose newe
Ayen the somer-sonne coloured is,
Al wexen gan the hewe
Of this formel.

I love you, Justin Greene!!!!!  Thank you so much for the thoughtful gifts!  I know you think Valentine's day is just another excuse to buy stuff (lol.. you are so right), but it is also another excuse for me to... WRITE YOU A POEM :) :) :)

A Poem for my Lovely.

Dear Valentine,

I love you.

Your hands
Warm against my face
Soft skin and
The sweet taste
Of your kiss.

Your eyes
Bluer than the sky 
Smile gently
As I gaze
Into them.

Your words
Whispered tenderly in my ear
Render me
Powerless
In your arms.

Your beard
A cute act of defiance
Prickly
Like the thorns
Of a rose.

Your legs are super hot.

Your friendship
Carries me lovingly
When I cannot  
Carry
Myself.

You.
I hold you close
And long
For you when
You are away.

I love
Your hands
Your kiss
Your eyes
Your words 
Your arms 
Your legs
Your beard :)
Your friendship
You!
Forever and ever.

NOT-SO-SERIOUS CONFESSIONS:
I still have most of my valentine cards from elementary school kept away in a box.  I am a severe pack-rat. 

SOTD
Build Me Up Buttercup-The Foundations
JJ makes me giggle when he sings this to me!  He is very good.
<3



No comments:

Post a Comment