Friday, February 11, 2011

Don't cha know?

I went through this phase of trying to learn various accents.  Justin loved it (HAHAHAHA).  No.  He didn't.

It started when I heard Riley do his amazing Canadian accent during our family dinner night at El Puente.  I listened in awe.. soaking in the "Oh's" and the "eh's"... and then decided to try it myself.  That evening the two of us drove everyone else crazy as he instructed me in the true art and prosody of the accent.

Round your "o," padwan... eh?
I tried and tried but somehow sounded more like a Irishman from New Jersey.  Thankfully, Riley was supportive through it all: my brothers seem to have a high tolerance for me being obnoxious. 

I then went home and used YouTube videos of Tina Fey to further my training (in a sound-proof room so's my husband would not ship me off to Canada to "MAKE IT STOP").

Click here, don't cha know?

THEN SUDDENLY it happened... I was speaking Canadian (accent) so fluently that the bacon in my fridge started crying.  
"We wanna be Canadian too."
So I grabbed my phone to call Riley and share the news before I lost it.  Of course, my dad picked up and was confused why a super authentic believably Canadian lady was asking to speak with Riley.  I fooled him.

Other accents I have tried are...  

Aussie
British


Mickey Mouse
 All of which... were an epic fail.  Uh-ha-ha, Hot Dog!

Mike Carroll is an accent PRO!  If you were blind-folded in the library for some reason (not gonna ask), Mike would be able to convince you that the Joker and Gollum are fighting over the last Nicholas Sparks book and that Stan Marsh wants a sticker... but not the Charlie Brown sticker!

The one accent that I can do, is meatwad.  I am so proud. 

"Do what now?"

SOTD
I Want Candy-Meatwad

(not to be mistaken with the catchy-in-a-lingering-common-cold-sort-of-way classic recorded by The Strangeloves... which I misread as the StrangeGloves)



I want a pair of those 
gloves that work for the iPhone! 
Mostly because I usually forget gloves
...I need to take my gloves off.
don't work..or that I'm wearing gloves in the first place and it takes me
about 5 slides to realize it's not
working.  Plus, those gloves
look fancy.

 


blue LAFFY TAFFY JOKE for you.
I want candy.. bubblegum and Taffy
What do you get when you cross a pig with a cactus?


Is that the best you could come up with, Willy Wonka?   I am disappointed.  The other joke is even worse.  I will not type those words.  And the taffy turned my mouth blue. 

      "I'm afraid that I just blue myself."    "There really has got to be a better way to say that. "

I learned how to use the "SCAN TO USB" function on the library copier today! Seeeeee:

That book was a winner.

McDreamy gave me some good advice after work:
Seize the haircut, babe.
It was a lot cooler when he said it though... because he said it in Latin.  Carpe somethin' saeta.  What a stud.  

NOT-SO-SERIOUS CONFESSIONS
I ALWAYS forget to clean out the dryer lint.  Which reminds me!  brb
***
I remembered!  Thank-you, blog.  ...and look... I formed the lint into a sleeping dog!
 Roof!

2 comments:

  1. the lint dog..amazing. its b.e.a.Utiful:)
    a true artist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your appreciation for Arrested Development. Andrew and the guy at my work were never very interested when I tried to IM them funny quotes. Not that I'll do that to you...

    I'm just sayin' is all. And that season was probably the best one of all.

    ReplyDelete