Monday, February 21, 2011

The television no longer approaches some Limit.

You're watching MICHELLE MORTENSEN!  PRESIDENT'S DAY SPECTACULAR!

Yes, I'm watching the liquidation channel.  Why?  Because I feel sorry for it.  No one takes it seriously.  Ya know?  I think the weird hyperactive dance music, cheesy effects, and overly enthusiastic lady selling things... are... cute?  No.  Maybe I don't.
Russian Diopside

WOW!  It's a luscious Russian Diopside necklace!  "Platinum overlay sterling silver necklace.  You want this."  Wait.  Are you sure that isn't kryptonite?  It sure looks like kryptonite. And you know what that stuff does to my powers.  Oh I don't care!  You have convinced me... WHERE IS MY PHONE & CREDIT CARD?

Kryptonite
"Final 20 seconds are on the clock."

This feels like an intense basketball game.

"Great job, Regina!!!  You saw how quickly.. how very, very quickly that necklace went."

Drats.  I wasn't very, very quick enough.  I am so mad right now.

To conclude our liquidation channel experience, I will misquote what's-her-face:
"Well, we took a carrot and blew it out of the water."


What a silly thing to do.
---------------------
RANDOM POEM TIME

I stare
At the intense perplexity
Of your 
Words.
Hoping they hide
Affection?
Honesty?
Warmth?
Over and over.
I read
Them.
And in the end
Find nothing but 
Words.
Notice they hide
The ghost of Affection.
The counterfeit of Honesty.
The ashes of Warmth.
Dodging
Revealing not even
As much
As a cloudy sky
Occasionally
Reveals the sun.
--------------------------

There are 5 less dashes above my poem than there are below it.  REBEL.

Justin and I tried to watch a movie before he had to go to work today.  We watched it in my parents' theater room because our TV kinda decided to boycott our ability to view it.  Although, we haven't tried 3D glasses yet... which might be a solution.
Got Convergence?










Back to the future.  We watched MEMENTO.  Most of MEMENTO, that is.  It was complicated (in a good sorta way), following the story of a man with short-term memory loss... backwards.  I was really liking it.  Of course, right when the "mystery" started to unravel, we realized that it was 3 minutes past time to get Justin home.

I recommend it if you like movies that make you wonder, wonder ooo-wah dooo-wah doo... what's in a wonder-ball?

 I wonder, wonder WHY they put sweet-tart like candies in a wonder-ball.  THAT'S what I wonder.  Sweet-tarts and chocolate do not go together.  Not in my cookbook anywayz.

I forced myself to run today!  ...after slipping back into laziness over the weekend.  :)  I had an exceptionally hard time convincing myself that it would be a good idea to exhaust my body for 30 minutes while breathing freezing gulps of cold air.  BUT I did it and am very happy I did!!  Satisfaction guaranteed.

Walmart does such a good job of reminded us what holidays are coming in 2.. or 3... or 4 months.  I'm surprised they don't have a 4th of July aisle yet!  But you know what advanced marketing of the holidays means for February!!  Whopper Easter eggs!  I hope St. Patrick isn't offended that we bought some today.

 NOT-SO-SERIOUS CONFESSIONS
I got irritated at my Justin today for a ridiculous reason and I am sorry :)  <3

SOTD
(chosen by Patrick Flynn!!)
The Reason- Hoobastank

PARENTAL WARNING: After watching this music video, you might consider discussing with your family whether or not you should root for the burglars.  Parents should tell their children that, although the bad guys are shown as "heroic" and "happy," this behavior is not acceptable in society.

Have you ever read the parental information on a movie?  It makes my family giggle.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment