Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bam-ba-lam!

Let's kick this blog off with some
BETTY WHITE PHOTOS!

G8r



































I just LOVE her.


Justin and I are watching SAW right now!  *gulp*  His idea.  NOT mine.  I'm scurred already.


Ew.  What's going on????

Hehe. CREEPY.  I asked that question... then the guy in the rusty bathroom screamed, "What the ef is going on?"  He feels my pain.


I hate to admit this, but there is a patron at the library that simply drives me crazy.  I feel bad because this girl is super cute, but she is a bit arrogant.  Which annoys me almost as much as this guy that was in my Calculus 3 class. The one who thought he was the smartest person since Celine Dion had twins.  You know the type.  Every time he got a good grade, he would hold the paper awkwardly in the air... on display (TRYING to be inconspicuous... but considering most people slip the test into a folder or book once they've looked it over... it wasn't subtle at all).

Then, in another desperate attempt to brag, he would turn around and pretend to be interested in my life all of the sudden, "So, what did you get?" 

"93%."  ......Now I know you want me to ask what you got on your test, but I'm not going to... because I DON'T CARE.

".........Yeah, well, good job.  I got a 95%." 

whoopee!
Thanks, Betty... exactly the face I would've made in that situation.

Well, this patron isn't that bad.  In fact there are times I almost think she is adorable.  But then she runs up to the desk and impatiently starts rambling off books she wants in a forcefulish voice.  She speaks her demands so quickly that she inhales half of her words.  And I want to scream.

Mike says I am not a nice person.  I agree.  I REALLY don't know why her voice makes my skin crawl so much.  Probably because she is very pushy.  My next encounter with this girl I will try harder to be understanding.  Because I feel bad.


WHY DO WE SAY THAT?
(my guess, followed by the actual meaning/derivation of a word/idiom. fer real.)
IDIOM: makes my skin crawl

STEPH'S DEF: when Joey visited his great uncle Bob he noticed something strange.  "Uncle Bob, why do you fill your coon skin cap with spiders??"  "Well, sonny, because them makes my skin crawl to me when I want to wear it into town."

ACTUAL DEFINITION: it refers to the feeling of having something crawling on your skin.


THE BEST PART OF MY DAY was when a little guy somehow managed to get his DVD stuck in the tiny gap between the library's front desk and the "decorative" grate that is fastened to the desk.  Just another flaw in the design of those stupid desks.  HAHA.  We spent a good 5 minutes trying to fish that penguin movie out.  Good times.  :) 

NOT-SO-SERIOUS CONFESSIONS
Scary movies give me nightmares.  And I don't like being alone for a few weeks after one either.

Huh?
K, I'm gonna watch this movie now because it is FREAKY.  And I need my baby to hold me :D :D :D bahaha  DON'T SMOKE THE CIGARETTE ADAM!  Smoking kills.





SOTD
Black Betty-Ram Jam

All right, g'nite everybody.
MwwwuAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment