Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Do, Re, Mi

After sprinting the last 20 seconds of my run today (bad idea), I started walking the rest of the way home, because sprinting at the end of eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (sorry, I was scraping some cheese off the 'e' key) a 30 minute run is a good way to make your stomach feel queasy.  Especially if you've never been particularly good at running.  Or any form of exercise, for that matter.

So I walked- breathing patterns slowly returning to normal... sniffing runny snot, licking my dry lips, and holding my stomach (attractive, I know)- down my road.

I first walked into this friendly, older lady who I usually see: same time.. same place.  We had a little conversation about how she never sees me playing guitar on the side of the road anymore (yeah, I can't seem to write anything new), how she used to run marathons...how about me? (woah! no, I just have a close friend that got me started on a running app), and how my mom is a crazy foo' when she is on her lawn mower (truth.  don't mess with her).

As we chatted, Chelsey Greenhaw and Angela Dodson rode by on a tandem.  "Hey-eee."  Then Riley on his bike.  "Hiiiiiiiiii."  Goofs.

A few minutes later, Margie (I don't know her real name, but she looks like a Margie) and I ended our conversation and I "ran" down the road hoping to find the bizarre bicyclists.

Almost instantly I saw a group up ahead.  But the group was larger, so I wasn't sure....

"DOE!  A DEER, A FEMALE DEER..."

Ok.  That has to be them.

As they got closer ("LA!  A NOTE TO FOLLOW SO!") I could see Patrick and Austin Dean on scooters, the tandem gals, and Riley on his bike, all headed my way like a loony 'Sound of Music' outtake.



By the time they reached me, I had joined in singing and we finished the song in a circle at the end of some random person's drive-way.

AND THAT WILL BRING US BACK TO DO, Oh, oh, oh!!!

It was great fun.  Especially the part where Patrick pretended to have cleavage. 

And for those of you who haven't read/heard mine and Patrick's version of the song:

Dough- Some bread, some pizza bread.
Ray- A fish that stings you dead.
Me- The coolest in the world.
Far- A long way to be hurled.
Sow- A big, fat female hog.
Law- A rule that gets you flogged.
Tea- A drink that makes you go!
And that will bring us back to...Dough! Oh, oh, oh.

The "Sound of Music" is one of those movies that I could watch over and over and never get tired of it!!!
My favorite part is when Captain Von Trapp dances with Maria: http://vimeo.com/1144261
EEEEEEEEEEEE!  (no cheese on my keys that time)  I CAN'T HANDLE THE SEXUAL TENSION! 

NOT-SO-SERIOUS CONFESSIONS
A part of me wants to cut all my hair off... so that it is as short as Maria's.  But majority rules.  So no boy-cut for me anytime soon :)

SOTD
Do, Re, Mi- Julie Andrews

AND to get that out of your head:

No Stopping Us-Jason Mraz

No comments:

Post a Comment